Adele G. Dawson, photo by Susan Van Kleeck
The current writing project I am working on is s book about my grandmother Adele G. Dawson and family going farther back. While it will be based on true events I may fictionalize it for artistic purposes. First I have to do the reasearch, then I'll synthesize the material and let it unfold in the form that suits it best. For now I have a list of what I plan to include:
1. Before they came to America from France, what it was like in the homeland.
2. The voyages
3. The landings
4. The fortunes they found or didn't find
5. New Orleans and what happened in Louisiana, the sugar business
6. The other brother and the gold rush
7. The New Orleans Descendants
8. Adele, herbalist, writer, and artist. Her family her reinvention in Vermont
10. Salvaging what sweetness we can at the end of the world, Beekeeping and the honey business
You can also join this Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/544944118961183/
to see some of the research material I've been gathering.